MICHAEL LEAVITT & CO (MLC) AGREES TO:
1) WEBSITE/WEBPAGE: Construct either a custom Sterling Silver Webpage or Solid Gold Website using MLC created templates combined with photos and text provided by the client. MLC will integrate information provided by the Client as well as data from the American Kennel Club (AKC©) judging databases into templates to create a truly personalized judging website.
2) CREATION TIMEFRAME: MLC agrees to have the initial custom website/webpage online within 5 business days of the receipt of the client’s photos and text.
3) CLIENT’S POST-WORK APPROVAL: Once the website/webpage is complete, MLC will provide a customer approval link that allows the Client the option to sign-off on the completed work by submitting the online “Post Work Approval” form.
4) WEBSITE/WEBPAGE CHANGE ORDERS: MLC allows the client up to 3 changes throughout the year, for a total of not more than 1 man-hour of coding/design/creation within that year. If additional time is needed, then MLC will bill at the rate of $80 per hour (with client approval first). The 3 minor change orders allow for the addition of a couple photos and the updating of Breeds/Groups and other information. In addition, any changes submitted via the change order form will have 14 business days to be implemented from the day we receive them.
5) CHANGE ORDER DOWNTIME: When change orders are submitted, there may be some very short-term down time as the changes are uploaded and tweaked. This is usually not noticeable to site visitors. MLC agrees to have change orders completed within 21 days of Client submittal.
6) HOSTING DOWNTIME: MLC maintains their primary hosting account with GoDaddy and are at the mercy of the servers provided by GoDaddy. MLC is not responsible for server downtime.
PLEASE NOTE: In the last 3 years, MLC has experienced zero downtime with GoDaddy hosting, but an occasional glitch is possible. If there is a major issue of downtime, then the appropriate number of days will be added to the tail-end of this contractual agreement. Unforeseen issues with hosting does not constitute cancellation of this contract on the part of the Client.
7) CUSTOM SUB-DOMAIN NAME:As part of this agreement, MLC is providing the client with a custom AKCJudge.com sub-domain name for the duration of the 1 year agreement. This is owned by MLC and the client has no rights of use once the agreement is terminated.
PLEASE NOTE: The domain name is www.AKCJudge.com. MLC takes the domain name and drops the “www” and replaces it with the official name of the AKC© Judge and adds it before the domain name. This is what is referred to as a “subdomain”. For example, if the judge‘s official judging name is Jane M. Doe, then the custom sub-domain would be http://JaneMDoe.AKCJudge.com.
8) CUSTOM FORWARDED EMAIL: MLC agrees to provide one (1) custom AKCJudge.com forwarded email for the duration of the one year agreement. This is owned by MLC and the client has no rights of use once the agreement is terminated. The client provides their current email address and MLC takes the custom email address and forwards it on to the clients’ current email address.
PLEASE NOTE:MLC creates a forwarded email using the AKCJudge.com domain account. We take the same formal judging name used for the website/webpage and place this name immediately before the @AKCJudge.com. For example, if the judges normal email address was JaneDoe@Waterford.com and her official judging name is Jane M. Doe, then the custom email would be JaneMDoe@AKCJudge.com.
9) REFUND POLICY: Once the client approves the custom website/webpage and their custom email is working, then there is a NO REFUND POLICY. The majority of the fee paid is for the design, coding and programming of the custom website/webpage and for the set-up of the email. It would be unfair for MLC to invest the time and after the client approves the work, he/she has a change of heart and wants their monies refunded. The Client is free to sever the agreement at any time during the year, but barring some gross negligence on the part of MLC, the Client can expect no financial reimbursement from MLC.
EARLY CANCELLATION: If the Client cancels the contract before the completion of the website, then the Client waives either the $50 webpage set-up fee. Because work commences the moment the order is placed, the set-up fee cannot be refunded. However, the remainder of the Client’s payment, minus the Paypal charges, will be refunded.